With our online graduate programs, you can earn a quality NIU degree or certificate while enjoying the convenience and flexibility of online learning. You'll also have access to financial aid and the same support services as on-campus students.
Some of the graduate programs we offer are completely online, while some are blended. These programs combine online coursework with classroom instruction at our DeKalb campus. We offer online and blended graduate certificate and master's degree programs in a variety of areas.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Data Science: Build your programming and data modeling skills, and advance your career in fields such as data science, data analysis, business analysis and market research.
- Master of Science in Data Analytics: Focus on the latest trends in the fast-growing field of data analytics. Prepare for an exciting role such as data engineer, IT project manager or software developer.
- Master of Science in Digital Marketing: Learn about topics such as social media, email and database marketing, as well as database visualization and market research. You'll be ready to thrive in this in-demand field.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Postsecondary Developmental Literacy and Language Instruction: Advance your skills in literacy promotion. You'll be prepared to build a career in the field of postsecondary developmental literacy.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Trauma-Informed Counseling: Designed for current practitioners, this certificate's lesson modules include applications you can use in your practice immediately.
- Master of Science in Art Education: Learn how to create lesson plans, advocate for art education and more. Prepare to build your education career with our cutting-edge, research-based curriculum.
- Master of Science in Educational Research and Evaluation: Focus on making the most of data through assessment, evaluation and research. You'll be ready to excel in roles such as data analyst and program evaluator.
- Master of Science in Education in Instructional Technology: This top-rated program will advance your abilities in areas such as performance technology, instructional software design and media administration.
- Master of Science in Education in School Business Management: Gain the knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a school business manager. You'll learn from nationally recognized faculty and instructors.
- Doctor of Education in Adult and Higher Education: Prepare for a senior leadership position in a community college. You'll learn alongside tenure-track and adjunct faculty instructors, building your professional network.
- Master of Science in Industrial Management: Hone your management skills and learn about applying technology locally and globally. You'll also learn how to communicate effectively and lead interdisciplinary teams.
- Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering: Prepare to be a leader in a variety of organizations by building your abilities in areas such as project management, process improvement and decision analysis.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Geographic Information Analysis: Build your mapping knowledge and apply it to issues faced by decision-makers. You can use your skills in fields such as retail, insurance and urban planning.
Nursing and Health Science
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Eating Disorders and Obesity: Learn about the latest research on treating and preventing eating disorders. Prepare for a career in a role such as health educator or fitness leader.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health: Add a public health emphasis to your studies. This certificate is ideal for you if you're studying statistics, nursing, nutrition or public administration.
- Post-Master's Certificate of Graduate Study in Nursing Education: Get ready to train the next generation of nurses. You'll be prepared to become a nurse educator in an educational or clinical setting.
- Master of Public Health: This nationally ranked program will build your health services knowledge. You'll be ready to succeed in a leadership position in a public health or health-related agency.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Pursue your nursing degree full or part time with our flexible program. Our strong internship program will help you thrive in a career as a nurse educator or family nurse practitioner.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Further your nursing career with our outstanding curriculum. Our partnerships will help with your internship and clinical placements. You'll be prepared to be a leader in the nursing profession.
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Management: Build your skills in the area of local government. The credits you earn pursuing this certificate can be applied to a Master of Public Administration degree.
- Master of Public Administration: Advance your career in local government. Our nationally recognized program will hone your abilities in local government management and help you build your professional network.
Ready to get started? Learn how to apply to a graduate program.
- Academic Programs
Top Ten Things To Do When Applying
The grad school application process may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Sign up now to receive our list of Top Ten Things to Do When Applying to NIU’s Graduate School.